260 Views • 1 Reply
Etihad Stadium (MEL)
Etihad Stadium Melbourne, Bourke Street, Docklands, Victoria, Australia
Etihad Stadium has gone through a few different name changes since construction started in 1996. The first match played at the stadium was Round 1 of the 2000 AFL Premiership Season between Essendon and Port Adelaide in front of around 45,000 fans.
Etihad Stadium was the first stadium to have moveable seating, and more impressively, a roof for such a large stadium. It has 5 tenant clubs from the AFL, Melbourne Victory in the A-League, and the Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League.
Eithad Stadium also hosts its fair share of internationals also, regularly hosting the Wallabies and Socceroos. Etihad Stadium is the showpiece of the Docklands Precinct right on the doorstep of the Melbourne CBD, and is regarded as one of the most versatile stadiums in Australia.
- FOODBest restaurants near Etihad Stadium Melbourne?
- MERCHANDISEStores to hit up at Etihad Stadium Melbourne?
231 Views • 2 Replies
- THINGS TO DOThings to check out around Etihad Stadium Melbourne?
218 Views • 1 Reply
- HOT TIPBest Insider tip at Etihad Stadium Melbourne?
217 Views • 2 Replies
- TRANSPORTDirections to Etihad Stadium Melbourne?
213 Views • 2 Replies
- SAFETYSafety at Etihad Stadium Melbourne?
190 Views • 2 Replies