541 Views • 1 Reply
370 Moorabool Street, South Geelong VIC 3220
The good people of Geelong take great pride in their Geelong Cats and also their stadium, traditionally known as Kardinia Park, but nowadays called Simonds Stadium. Since being built in 1941, the ground has undergone a number of major redevelopments, growing the capacity of the ground and improving facilities. Plans are currently in place to make the stadium a 36,000 all seater stadium with works anticipated to be completed by mid-2017.
The stadium has also transformed itself into a first class multi-purpose ground over the past few years, with Big Bash Cricket, Super Rugby, and A-League matches all played at Simonds Stadium in recent years. The ground has also played host to the Dalai Lama on two different occasions…..namaste!
- PARKINGSimonds Stadium parking?
- SEATINGSimonds Stadium seating?
303 Views • 1 Reply
- TRANSPORTDirections to Simonds Stadium?
286 Views • 1 Reply
- FOODBest restaurants near Simonds Stadium?
270 Views • 0 Replies
- BARSBest Bars near Simonds Stadium?
263 Views • 1 Reply
- HOT TIPBest Insider tip at Simonds Stadium?
259 Views • 0 Replies