1519 Views • 1 Reply
Melbourne Cricket Ground Tickets
Melbourne Cricket Ground, Brunton Avenue, Richmond, Victoria, Australia
The Melbourne Cricket Ground, affectionately known as ‘The G’ is the 10th largest stadium in the world and the largest in the Southern Hemisphere. It’s one of only a few stadiums in the world with a capacity of over 100,000. It boasts the tallest light towers of any sporting venue in the world and are an iconic fixture on the Melbourne skyline.
Built in 1953, the MCG has undergone several transformations into what it is today. The G hosted the 1956 Olympic Games and also the 2006 Commonwealth Games. It has also hosted two cricket World Cup finals in 1992 and 2015.
The highest recorded crowd for a sporting event at The G was for the 1971 VFL Grand Final where 121,696 crammed in to watch Hawthorn narrowly defeat St Kilda by 7 points. In recent years, the finish of the Melbourne Marathon is inside the stadium, giving runners the chance to experience what it’s like to run around on the playing surface.
- SEATINGMelbourne Cricket Ground seating?
- FOODBest Food and Drink at Melbourne Cricket Ground?
994 Views • 1 Reply
- FOODBest restaurants near Melbourne Cricket Ground?
985 Views • 3 Replies
- THINGS TO DOThings to check out around Melbourne Cricket Ground?
918 Views • 3 Replies
- TRANSPORTDirections to Melbourne Cricket Ground?
891 Views • 2 Replies
- HOT TIPBest Insider tip at Melbourne Cricket Ground?
854 Views • 1 Reply