1415 Views • 1 Reply
Sydney Cricket Ground Tickets
Sydney Cricket Ground, Driver Avenue, Moore Park, New South Wales, Australia
The first known use of the land where the SCG now sits was in 1851 when the British Army were granted permission to use the green for cricket and was first called the Garrison Ground in 1854. In 1875, the New South Wales Cricket Association took over control of the ground and the first official cricket Test Match was played in 1882. The ground has since undergone several facelifts, with stands being built and upgraded along the journey.
Prior to it’s neighbor, Allianz Arena (formerly Sydney Football Stadium), being built, the SCG hosted rugby internationals, NRL games, as well as a full cricket schedule in the summer. Some of Australia’s finest ever sporting talents have graced the hallowed turf and the SCG has rightful claim to be amongst the best sporting venues in the world.
- SAFETYSafety at Sydney Cricket Ground?
- FOODBest restaurants near Sydney Cricket Ground?
1202 Views • 1 Reply
- SEATINGSydney Cricket Ground seating?
1198 Views • 1 Reply
- TRANSPORTDirections to Sydney Cricket Ground?
1152 Views • 1 Reply
- BARSBest Bars near Sydney Cricket Ground?
1010 Views • 1 Reply
- PARKINGSydney Cricket Ground parking?
943 Views • 1 Reply