197 Views • 0 Replies
1 Rue du Stade, 1140 Luxembourg
Quaint and simple, Stade Josy Barthel was built in 1931 with its original name of Stade Municipal. It was then rebuilt in 1990 and went onto earn its new name in 1993 after Barthel won the 1500m gold medal at the 1952 Olympics. It’s 8,000 seats (soon to be 10,000 after it’s expected renovation) leave little to the imagination, allowing viewers to take in all it’s sporty splendour. Although you may be used to commercialised stadiums with copious amounts of knick-knacks to buy and flat screens to amplify the action, it’s best to leave the glitz and glamour at home and enjoy Josy Barthel for what it is: a small piece of history in the much-loved world of soccer.
- PARKINGJosy Barthel parking?
- FOODBest restaurants near Josy Barthel?
193 Views • 1 Reply
- HOT TIPBest Insider tip at Josy Barthel?
190 Views • 1 Reply
- CROWDWhat to expect from the Josy Barthel crowd?
185 Views • 1 Reply
- BARSBest Bars near Josy Barthel?
184 Views • 1 Reply
- SAFETYSafety at Josy Barthel?
179 Views • 0 Replies